Another wonderful family 4th of July has come and gone. It is so nice to hang out with family and friends over this weekend.
Allison went in the river with her Daddy. Her first reaction was squealing with a bit of arm flailing. When she realized how cool and refreshing the water was and that her Daddy would protect her she relaxed and splashed a bit.
Grandma Judy and Grandpa Gerry came over to spend time with all 4 girls while we floated on Sunday. They had a wonderful time. Judy brought a ton of celebratory 4th of July items for all the kids as well as balloons. She is a great party planner! Gerry was so great with all the girls and even changed a few dirty diapers. I REALLY appreciated the time that they took out of their weekend so the mom's could feel safe knowing that our children were being taken care of. Thanks SO much. The weekend ended with the annual burning of the Christmas tree which is the highlight of the weekend! All the river rats were there to help celebrate. It was great to see and catch up with everyone.
Allison was good as always. She had a bit of an adjustment period the first night. She was up every couple of hours. I am sure I can understand because she was SO excited to see everyone. By the second night I think everyone wore her out. Must be so hard to be fussed over. :)
Of course Grandma had a bunch of cute clothes and a purple elephant costume for Allie when we arrived. Thanks a bunch Grandma. Allie got a chance to enjoy the morning with grandma, out on the deck, talking about what the day was to hold. I think Grandma enjoys a little time with each grandgirl. (wink wink)
When we came home on Monday evening I gave Allison a bath and she splashed around for the first time. She tried to catch a few of her toys too. She still needs a bit of practice at "catching". Like Grandpa Mike says "if you always caught the fish it would not be called fishing".
Today, she held her own bottle. So in a week she can sit up on her own (for a minute or two), hold a bottle relatively well, and is splashing around in the tub. I love to see the progress however, when she does something new on her own I know yesterday is the last time she needed my help.
Here is the lil' beanie holding her bottle like a "big" girl.
She did appear to have fun being "fussed over" but she is so darn cute! Everyone just wanted to tough her little cheeks. The picture Kellie took of Ellie giving her a kiss may be an award winner.
ReplyDeleteI hate that she is growing up so quickly. Holding her bottle!
Very cute picture.
Sounds like your day was less than wonderful...until you looked into Allison face.