Sunday, August 1, 2010

Updates

Allison is growing.  People think she is 9 months!  LOL.  I just tell them that she does not miss a meal!  She is eating really well.  Loves pretty much everything that I feed her.  She REALLY loves her fruit.


It is hit and miss whether she sleeps through the night.  Chris and I had to listen to her scream, at 4 a.m, for about 20 minutes before it stopped.  Not sure if she went back to sleep or not. We do not dare walk in the room.  If she senses that either one of us are around it's over!

Chris and Jim went up to see Kyle, Lisa and the girls this weekend.  I am bombarded by homework and an exam to study for amongst other things so I was not able to make it. Grandma (Grammy) Ruth came by for several hours to help me entertain Allie.

Friday night, Allison was up at 10, 4 and 6.  Great fun.  I have to admit that after the allotted 5, 10 and 15 minute intervals that I have read so much about (I say that whole advice is a farce!)  I finally just picked my baby up and we rocked and ate.  Saturday night was a different story.  She was really good until her usual 4 a.m. call for Mommy.  I went in to make sure she had her necessities (plug and blanket) I then went back to bed and put the pillows over my ears.  It was hard but I know that it is the right thing to do for her.  And after a half hour it was quiet again.  She is sleeping until about 7 or 8.  We get up, eat breakfast and play.

I am very blessed to have such a great baby!  On top of that she is so adorable. 

I can tell how big she really is now.  In her jumparoo (aka pooparoo) today was the first time she was able to grab the banana.  This is a big deal.  She has been gunning for this for months now and could never quite reach it.  This morning she did.  :(

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see her again...her parents too, of course:)

    ReplyDelete