What a refreshing weekend. As a family, we headed to the park on Saturday and it was great. There is this great Italian grocer that makes delicious fresh sandwiches. Mmmmm.. We stopped in and picked up two and then headed off to our favorite park. It was a perfect day at 78 degrees, sunshine and a slight breeze. Our favorite spot was open so we planted ourselves for the afternoon. Allison played with her toys and entertained us of course. We played scrabble (I am sure we play the longest game known to man) and talked. Chris won by 26 points. I HAVE to tell everyone that! He did play a good game with his highest word worth 62 points. We then headed to the ice cream parlor (that I went to growing up) and had ourselves a little devious snack. It was just one of those days that I will remember and smile.
On another note, Allison weighs in at 20 pounds and is 26 inches long.
I can actually hear the happiness and joy of the "day" in your note. I am so pleased that you had a bit of quiet family time. It is great to be with friends and family, to celebrate and visit, but there is something special about "little family time" too.
ReplyDeleteThis has been a busy summer and you three have made it through (thanks in large part to Grammy Ruth), with flying colors and high grades.
I hope the future school/work schedules allow for more "little family time". This last school schedule was brutal, but I am so proud of how well you guys managed. Kisses around