As most of you know my mom took a bad fall in our bathroom and fractured her hip. It has been a grueling two weeks but she is now in the care of a rehabilitation center about 3 miles from our house. She had a titanium rod placed from the hip to just above the knee. We have been visiting and talking to her daily. We are hoping for a speedy recovery.
Jessica came to help with Allison, THANK YOU THANK YOU, a few things happened that were just so darn cute I just have to share.
We were sitting down at the dinner table and Allie was in her high chair. It is written all over Allie's face when she will soon be in need of a diaper change if you know what I mean. So, when we thought she was done she looked at the both of us and said "uh oh". It brought us both the tears. It was a false alarm.
She can say so many words. Like luv you, bless you, please, cheese, blue, thank you, I see you and night night. She knows what cheese means and night night. The rest you just ask her to say and she does.
She is truly just a good little girl. I am so very blessed and I count them everyday. She is amazing to me and has made me a better person. I never knew I could love this much and I am excited everyday to see what she is going to learn and do next.
She loves taking my headband off my head and putting it on hers. She just thinks it's the cats meow. She takes her toys and puts them back in her toy tub (for the most part). She still gets so excited when she has a book in her hand. I just pray that excitement stays with her.
So, I guess I have gushed enough about her again. :)
She is indeed a happy and sweet little thing. I enjoyed being able to spend some quality time with her. She is a great little shopper and is a people magnet. The 5 hours we were at Summer Set mall was just so fun. She engaged everyone we met, flashing her little toothy grin, and chatted up a storm.
ReplyDeleteShe gives great hugs and kisses, I missed her 5 minutes after I left your house.
Hope your mom's recovery is quick.
Hugs and kisses
Okay...I agree that Allison is probably a people magnet...but if she was with Grandma Jessica...I'm sure Grandma started some of those conversations. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
ReplyDeleteHope Grandma Ruth is recovering quickly...send her my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Deb