It has been unbelievably crazy the past 5 months. I am sure everyone is aware that we are moving to Houston. May 1st my husband started commuting. A week later my mom moved in to help acclimate her with living on her own after a very serious hip injury. I am attending classes 4 nights a week, coordinating another move out of state, looking for an internship in Houston before June 5th so I can graduate in December, trying to assist in finding living arrangements in Texas and raising my daughter who is teething and starting the testing mommy two's. Hmm did I leave anything out? Well yes but we will save that for another time. I watched the shuttle take off last week and almost wanted to be on it. :)
If I told you about my day yesterday you would think I was making up the story. Today it is a funny story yesterday it was a teary meltdown. I wanted to drop on the floor in the airport and have an Allie fit. Since I am the adult and parent I had to just push it down and charge ahead. No one is going to help you so you are left to help yourself. All I can say is life can be like flying first class and then your connector you are sitting next to the commode on a full flight with an infant. :(
We headed down to Houston over the weekend to see my husband, do an HR interview for internship (if anyone knows anyone in Houston please let me know!) and look at different areas that we may want to spend the rest of lives in. No major decisions to be made here. It was a glimpse into what is to come.
A whole new world. I do not like not knowing where I am or where I am going. I am sure it will only take a week or two to become familiar with the expressways and area but Friday was very eye opening. I was not on autopilot. People were honking at me, I missed exits and had to turn around which is not easy on these roads. Plus, I was on the tollway so I am sure Chris can not wait to see that bill!
This was the first time that I realized that I live in Texas and have no idea where anything is located or if I did how to get there. I am back in Michigan looking forward to the end of July when I can be in my home in Texas with my family.
So please forgive me if I am not up to date with Allison's blog. I have a bit on my plate but I will do my best to keep you all posted on the successes that HAVE to follow... Right????
CRAZY times. I am thinking of you. We're hanging on by a thin thread here as well. Maybe we need to get together for a few (a lot) of drinks:)
ReplyDeleteYou are forgiven, although I miss Allison pictures.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine doing just two of the things you mention let alone all of them (you forgot to mention Allison's first birthday party). You will do fine, you always do. Keep the rewarding "future view" in mind when the "at-hand" stuff is happening. Easier said than done I am sure.
Hope to see you all soon. hugs and kisses
Forgiven! (of course...)
ReplyDelete