Having my little girl is an adjustment. When Kirker get's home from work, he changes and then I hand off the little angel to him and lay down to try and "catch up" on some sleep. It has been an adjustment getting up every two hours to feed my little girl. Worth every bag under my eyes!
I miss my hubby. I go to bed when he gets home and I feel like I have not seen him in 4 weeks LOL. He took me out to dinner last night to our favorite Mexican restaurant (which was great) and then we went to Meijer for groceries. It was great for the first hour or so and then I just hit a brick wall. So tired and then I got grouchy. It's funny how the simplest things are now a task. Like trying to find buggy's that will fit our car seat is trying and irritating. The days of just walking around a store "browsing" are now a thing of the past. I am not complaining just adjusting.
A few days ago our friends the Jones' called to inform us that they are moving to Houston. I cried. Lisa lost her job about a month ago and thankfully was picked up by another firm. They are hopeful that the company may have something for Chris as well. They are looking at moving in about a month. I feel that this is just the start of people that I know and love leaving Michigan. It makes me sad to see Michigan going through such a tremendous brain drain.
Allison is a really good baby. She only cries when she is hungry, requires our attention or a diaper change. She is getting chunky cheeks and she is starting to fit into her newborn clothing a bit better. Well, I have to run she is calling. Will post pics when I can.
Amy, Allison and Kirker
I can't wait to see new pictures.
ReplyDeleteAdjustments will be the name of the game for awhile, but things will level out as soon as you all figure out a routine. I remember it took me about 3 months to get into the flow of things, but you have a great partner and that will make things easier.
Enjoy every minute with Allison, she will be grown in no time! See you soon.
So sorry about Jone's, but glad Lisa got a job! Give them our best.
Get used to it sister! :-)
ReplyDeleteKyle and I found that going out to lunch or dinner by ourselves every other week helps us connect - without kids!
Your body will adjust to the no sleep. Enjoy those naps - I bet I've only taken 3 or 4 in the past 5 years!!!