My mom was coming by to watch Allison so I could study for one of my final exams. Allison and I waited for her out in the front yard and the day was already quite warm. I sat Allison in the grass (the last time I did this she cried) and rubbed her feet on the well manicured lawn (good job daddy). Allison took her chubby little fingers and toes and rubbed them through the green blades of grass, grabbing onto a bunch and pulling it out of the ground. She examined what she had in hers hands, shook the grass out of her hands and preceded to do it again and again and again with a smile of course. :) She just thought it was the coolest thing. As we sat there and played in the grass a gust of wind blew and her eyes just popped, she took a deep breathe and it almost made her fall backwards. I forget that she is experiencing things for the first, second or third time. I forgot the feeling of freshness as the wind hits your hot face. She just teaches me so much everyday. Especially to appreciate life. You know the old adage, stop to smell the flowers well she is my little rose.
Just an update on the parents: I have finished the last of my summer classes on Tuesday. It was grueling and quite painful but it is OVER. I will find out my grades next week.
Chris is doing great. He likes coming home to a hot meal (normally it is in the fridge waiting), a wife that is home, and the cutest little daughter in the world.
We can't complain about anything.
Congrats on another semester checked off! I hope to see you all Labor Day Weekend:)
ReplyDeleteI love the stop and smell the rose reference, and yes, she is a rose. I wish I could have seen her little face while she was playing in the grass
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear how well you did with your courses. I am sure you did great.