Allison has grown so much. She is 38" tall and weighs in at 35 lbs. Her hair is darkening but eyes are still green/blue. I can't make up my mind what color they are. Her mannerisms and some facial expressions remind me of Josie and sometimes when she talks I hear Ellie. It is really amazing how nature works. Chris often says that a certain look reminds him of his younger cousin Lizbeth. Her personality is a mixture of the both of us. For instance, at target she will rearrange the shelves to make sure all the correct items are in a row (that is Chris for sure). She negotiates like me. I will TELL her something and she follows it with a but. Like stop chasing the cat and she will give me some reason why it is necessary.
She loves to swim. We are lucky enough to live in a community with 14 different pools. The closest to our home fits our needs to most. She wants me to push her deep underwater and then she "swims" to either the side or to me. She is a fish and it is difficult to get her to leave. Chris has had the chance to take her to the pool by himself and I can see a difference in her confidence. Daddy definitely treats the pool differently than mommy does. Which is a good thing for Allison.
She cooks with me most mornings. Her favorite thing to make are pancakes. She eats A LOT of pancakes. And she LOVES to help make hamburgers. She dives right in mixing the meat and other ingredients.
She makes some sort of craft every day. Usually drawing, cutting and taping something. Some of you have received them in the mail. She doesn't care for crayons and usually opts for a ballpoint pen. She loves to finger paint and play with play doh.
We go to the library every other week and her favorite book to check out is Please don't tease tootsie. Which is ironic because she tortures Lucy. She chases her and wants to "hug" her all the time.
She attends a mothers day out program on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-3. She loves it. It fulfills social structure for her. It really keeps her busy and gives me some time to breathe.
We are looking forward to the new addition to the family. She is ready to be a big sister! She talks about it all the time.
Great update. When you describe her looks, I can see it, especially lizbeth reference, the shape of her face.
ReplyDeleteShe is a busy little girl, and obviously very much loved. I think it is great that she is going to "school" a few hours a week. It is always nice to have friends to meet every week. Chris told me how much she loves to go.
She is getting so mature and once her sibling comes, she will seem even more so.
Hugs, and thanks for this, even though I know how she is doing, it is nice to read and reread the details.
I agree with Jessica. You really nailed Allison's personality. I love reading this blog. I am so proud to be her Grandma, your mother and Chris's mother-in-law.
ReplyDelete